Tuesday, June 22, 2010

I LOVE the color GREEN.



I LOVE THE COLOR GREEN.  It has been my favorite color since childhood.  I think it is such a calming and happy color.  If I could do my WHOLE house in green I would!  I am definitely working the color green into my living room/dining room design, which is in the works:) But what COLOR of green is the problem???, choices, choices...



Do I go with,

KELLY GREEN

Toby Fairly Living Room

or

CHARTREUSE

Photo courtesy of Domino Mag
(oh Domino so sad you are no longer:(:(

or
KIWI GREEN


Courtesy of DecorPad
I Die over those striped Floors!

GRASS GREEN

Courtesy of DecorPad
So simple yet so AMAZING!

Oh, and I am thinking I will surely get some delicious APPLE GREEN  velvet chairs. 





The thing about green is that it is the perfect foil to so many other colors.  It is the most vibrant neutral...  Think about these color combinations and how well they go together.

GREEN AND PINK



CHRISTOPHER PETKANAS House beautiful


or


 ORANGE
Courtesy of DecorPad

or 

 BLUE
Courtesy of DecorPad

or

YELLOW

Courtesy of House Beautiful

or

 PURPLE
Courtesy of DecorPad

They ALL go together. 

The ONLY combination I would stay away from is Green and Red.  I grew up in a family room with a Red checked couch and Kelly green carpet....Christmas all year round! 

But even IT can be pulled off!

Notice that there are other colors that  help to offset the green and red.  This is a HAPPY room!

That is all of the "greenspiration" I can come up with this evening, hope you aren't sick of it yet, I surely am not!

In the morning,
G

3 comments:

pve design said...

me too- i loved mixed greens!
pve

Gretchen O. said...

Thanks for stopping by!

Meredith Jewell said...

We are actually in the process of fixing up our third and final room together (since getting married)...we have done one guest bedroom, fixed up our bedroom and are finalizing the last one...the walls are brown and so we've already started incorporating off-white (of course, always a compliment for brown) and maybe going to do some blues and greens. The greens to be somewhat toned down (same for the blues) but it was fun to read this piece and get some inspiration! I can't wait to talk about some pieces that I found this weekend (on my blog) that were inspirations from you! Thanks for sharing all your decor and improvements that you do to your home!