Saturday, November 27, 2010

Coming up for Air


Simple flowers are the best flowers....
3 roses, 1 sprig of nandina, and a julep cup.
Good Saturday after Thanksgiving!  I hope everyone had a wonderful Day with family and friends...I have just come up for a little bit of air.  I still have family in town and am traveling a bit today, but I just wanted to post a couple of our Thanksgiving Table photos before the tide turns COMPLETELY to the festivities of Christmas.  


I love when things just go together....this was unplanned but totally works....I am in love with my new chairs covers.

New, Old, Collected, AND inherited
I channeled my inner Eddie Ross and my sister and I had so much fun putting my table together.   I had a loose plan...but it really just came together...serendipity.  All of that collecting, DOES pay off:)

My new upholstered chairs AND my great grandmother's handiwork.  She embroidered this WHOLE tablecloth...I was so honored to have inherited it.  It adorns our table EVERY year.
There are many more things I CAN'T wait to post about.  Stay tuned for a few reveals....having family and company in town really puts a little fire under me to follow thru, make decisions, AND get those projects finished.

Have a wonderful weekend!



5 comments:

Kathysue said...

Gretchen your table looks lovely. Eddie is inspiring isn't he? Have a wonderful rest of the weekend,Kathysue

René said...

Your table is so pretty. I love the chair fabric. I hope you are having a wonderful holiday weekend.

-Rene

Meredith Jewell said...

LOVE your tablescape! The colors in your chairs are great and I love all the mix of glasses and plates.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Love the colors and all the little touches! Can't wait to see you again soon!

Xo
E

SHERRY HART said...

Gretchen....Love this table and your photos are truly inspiring! Awesome. LOVE Grandmothers tablecloth and I know she is honored that you love it so much Just found your blog and I adore it.