Wednesday, December 22, 2010

A baker I am NOT!

My Peppermint Concoctions...and a little card I designed.

 I have a secret....I am NOT a baker.  I have tried, and really wish I was, but I burn the easiest cookies.  It is actually a blessing during the rest of the year because  this girl loves to EAT bake goods!  Anyway, this time of year makes me uber stressed, b/c I think I SHOULD bake, but it always turns into a disaster....disappointment, and a mad dash to the store!  You see I am not a rule follower, and for those that know how to bake, know it is a science and you MUST follow the rules.  Oh, and baking takes planning, and I am not really good at that either!

Sooooooo, instead of my dreams of baked goods filling up my kitchen during the holidays. I resort to the old standby of peppermint bark.  I twisted the recipe up a bit and made some fun peppermint treats for neighbors, friends, and family.  (as you could see from my last post, I had an abundance of peppermints, candycanes, etc.)  So this is what I did this afternoon, for an Christmas Neighborhood Playdate....  Nothing like a little bit of last minute!

Easy Peasy Peppermint Bark.
A package (or 2 or 3 or 5) of White Chocolate Melted
crushed Peppermint
Spread on a sheet pan, pop in the freezer.

Variations on the Ol' Standby

Dip these in a bit of white chocolate...or dark, or green, blue would have been pretty too!
Dip the melt in your mouth mints in green chocolate....
what to do with left over green chocolate....DRIZZLE of course!

Cellophane bags
twine

Voila!

Merry Christmas to All!

4 comments:

LiveLikeYou said...

I'm looking at food and candy for the first time in days!! Just recovered from the stomach flu we've all been sick. Looks SO pretty -I'm impressed!
Merry Christmas Gretchen!

Unknown said...

Now positively dying for some peppermint anything!
Happy Holidays Gretchen!
xx
Sue

Unknown said...

Loved your blog about Christmas, Gretchen. The candy bar at the front door is a great idea, and it looks beautiful too. Merry Christmas to you, Scott, and the children. Have a wonderful holiday!
Terri McG

Loretta Fontaine (EcoHappy Blog) said...

Gretchen- Oh, that looks so yummy!

Loretta