Tuesday, December 21, 2010

A Hard Candy Christmas

nothing like a candy bar by the front door:)


Sorry for the lack of posting this week...I am "IN" the holidays and enjoying my family and friends....and all of the Holiday music that comes with it.  Hard Candy Christmas is one of my favorite songs...I love a good Dolly Parton tune.  So when we had our Christmas Party on Saturday (did I mention that??) We (my husband and I and my Best Friend and her sister) had a big Oyster Roast/Cocktail Party!  It was a ton of fun.  One of the things that we did for the shindig was to have a Candy Bar at the front door.  When everyone departed they could fill little celophane bags (or their pockets) with candy canes and chocolate.  I have enjoyed having it at the front door for the past few days...it came in handy when the carolers stopped by to "wish us a Merry Christmas" and for the neighbors that have dropped in.  I have now proclaimed that this is now a tradition (I tend to do lots of tradition proclamations around this time of year:)...maybe if I SEE all of the candy and chocolate in plain site it will keep me from eating it (it is a theory anyway:)

(As I write this, my daughter is saying she wants something "christmassy" for breakfast ie. candy... that it is the only thing that "gets her in the spirit".)  Does yogurt with candy on top count as a good breakfast???...

Tis the season:)

My posting is going to be spotty over the next week, I am just enjoying my family (school vacation is awesome, we slept in the past 2 days!)


PS...I am joining in a linky party today for Christmas Decor over at Cottage and Vine...there is lots of Great Christmas Eye Candy over there:)

Cottage and Vine

Merry Christmas Everyone:)

7 comments:

quintessence said...

Gretchen - your house looks beautiful decked out for the holidays!! Love your idea of the candy table - so festive. And I think as a special Christmas treat, yogurt with crushed peppermint would be just fine!

René said...

Oh my word, that garland is stunning! And by the way, I love the candy bar. I wonder if the same strategy applies with cookies - as I bake my little buns off today.

Thanks for joining the party Gretchen. Enjoy making memories and have a Merry Christmas!

-Rene

pve design said...

super sweet christmassy to you and your family!
bet your dentist must love you!
pve

Unknown said...

Your house looks splendid for the holidays! What a fun party favor idea - having the candy cane bar! Wish I was caroling in your neck of the woods!!

xoxo Elizabeth

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

What a super charming idea- I love it and I love your staircase too! Just noticed you do letterpress as well- my sis in law has her own letterpress shop and was recently featured in good ol Martha Stewart Weddings- she does incredibly beautiful work too. Anyway stopping by from Cottage and Vine- come on over and say hi sometime! Merry Christmas!

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

Almost forgot- following you along!

Sixty-Fifth Avenue said...

Just found you from Cottage & Vine. This is such a fabulous idea! Very pretty too.
New follower