Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Bring out the Bubbly!

I have a stockpile of bubbly presents brought to me by my friends for the Nate Berkus Celebration.

Because it is my 1st Anniversary!  Woot, Woot!

It all started here, 1 year and 207 posts later.(did I really have THAT much to talk about???!!!!)  Not only has that sofa changed...but so many more things that I never could have imagined.


What started as my little ol' design diary,  has developed into a passion that I always knew was there, I just hadn't tapped into it!  I didn't know that I loved to write, and take photos as much as I do.  I knew I loved interior design, but didn't know that it would twist and turn into my career...and that other people would be receptive to my way of designing.  Dare I say I have a business now:)

This blog has helped me find all of this out... Not to mention the amazing and wonderful people that I have met along the way...both near and far.  Really I could go on and on, but I will spare you all, and will just simply toast....so glasses up my friends!

To my family and friends that believe in me and support me, to the people out in the blogland that read my ramblings daily or just stop by on occasion, to my wonderful husband for letting me write and create and be who I am (without him I certainly would not be here!), to my sweet children for being patient when mommy says "one more minute, I am almost finished writing!" 

Really, in truly, I couldn't have designed a better scenerio if I tried...some things in life are better left un-designed!

THANK YOU!

Have a wonderful day my friends, I know I will.

5 comments:

Meredith Jewell said...

Congratulations Gretchen...on a successful blog, one year of exploration and the Nate Berkus show! You really are hitting it big! Wonder what next year will bring for you! ;)

Shanika@LifeisPichey said...

Congrats on the blogiversary! I am a new follower/reader. I also live in Columbia, SC!!

Jennifer said...

Congratulations! I am so happy for you and your wonderful accomplishments.

Cathy said...

Congrats on your year of blogging! I have very similar sentiment about my short time blogging as well. You are well deserving of all of the accolades and recognition, I look forward to continuing to follow your adventures and successes!

Cathy @ Room Rx

pve design said...

....and I thought you might have news that you were pregnant. Happiest wishes to you for a merry blog anniversary!
pve