Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Color Stalking

Does anyone else color stalk?  I mean, when you find a room that you love and HAVE to know the color, and then find the color, and then feel the need to find ALL of the rooms that have the same color, so that you might be able to see a room that looks similar to yours, and then see what YOUR room might look like with THAT color?  I must confess, I am a color stalker.  The color of the moment, Benjamin Moore Cedar Green.

Where it started...House Beautiful I think the March 2011 issue?

Via House Beautiful


This is all I could find from good ol' google.

From House Beautiful

Cedar Green
"Green is symbolic of growth. It also embodies another word that's going to be extremely important in the next decade, and that's 'flexibility.' Green goes with anything — just look outside. It can work with what you already own, as well as anything you'd like to add. It can feel classic or contemporary. And it's restful. It makes me feel balanced." —SONU MATHEW

Benjamin Moore Cedar Green...a winner in 2010. (I am always late to a party!)

I couldn't agree more.




Via House Beautiful...Designed by Steven Gambrel...OF COURSE!

via Ruth Burts Interiors
All I could find....I am really liking this striped wall with the Navy blue and pops of orange.

Even though it was an it color in 2010, I think it might be a keeper.  Going to the paint store NOW!   Happy Color Stalking ya'll.

4 comments:

Molly @ The Nesting Game said...

That flame stitch wall is awesome! Maybe it's just all the Missoni Target hubub, but I love it.

And boy, that color looks so different in the shadows in that first stairway picture. Love that tile with the gray grout. It looks so London Tube-y. Very unexpected in a home like that.

Holly Gruszka said...

Is that Cedar Green in the stairway?? When I saw that stairway my jaw dropped to the ground - it's awesome. So where will your Cedar Green paint be going?? I'm so curious! My husband will kill me but now I want to paint our living room. And yes, I'm a paint stalker.

pve design said...

Right now, I am on a paint it white phase. I tend to tire of color, but there is one color - "green" that I can never tire of!
pve

SHERRY HART said...

Oh yeah.... That is one hot green! Love it.