Friday, November 4, 2011

Layering is not just for the wardrobe.

Via Lonny



via pinterest

I don't know about you, but this time of year...but I love to layer a scarf over my sweater, top, or jacket...it not only warms me up in this brisk weather....but it is just the thing to MAKE an outfit.  Somehow makes my jeans and shirt feel so much more updated.


Let's take  a page out of the fashion magazines, layering rugs is a great way to update a room, make it fresh, AND warm it up too!

My favorite way to achieve this effect is with Seagrass as the base.  Just like a wonderful basic sweater, it is the base...then you just layer a smaller rug on top.  Because the Sea grass fits the space, you can choose any rug that you like, a runner under a table even works.  It is much more economical too.  You don't have to buy an huge oriental rug....a nice 5X7 or 4X6 works.



via house beautiful



No layering in this photo, you say?  Well, I just wanted to show you a "naked" room.  And to have a lesson in using your imagination.  IMAGINE if this room had a beautiful persian under the ottoman? or even across the room by the window under the pretty table?  Even though the design of this space is beautiful, it could use a little warming up....N'est ce pas?

Oh, and if you are wondering where to find a great seagrass rug....look no further....I can get that for you too!



Anyway, I am shamelessly plugging my little shop again.  Don't you think I am making a strong case?  


1 comment:

René said...

You can get seagrass too!? Will definitely keep this in mind.